Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Black Friday Haul

Hello Lovelies,

I haven't been able to post in a while, but I am glad to be blogging again.  On black Friday, my sister and I went shopping, and of course, we had some awesome makeup finds!  The mall we were in does not have a Sephora, but we hit the Ulta pretty hard.  Here are the items I picked up (along with mini reviews for those that I have tried):

Black Friday Fun
First up is a bareMinerals Little Luxaries Dazzling Eye Trio.  These were on sale for $10 and were flying off the shelves.  I chose to get this one because it came with a full size mascara and two eye shadows.  I haven't used it (beyond swatching), so I can't vouch for the quality.  However, I usually like bareMinerals stuff, and I expect I will like this as well.

Flawless Definition Mascara and Two Eyecolors

Muse on left; Cultured Pearl on right
Next up is the item I was most excited to buy, the Lorac five shadow pallet in Sweet Luxuries   It is gorgeous, and I have used it nonstop since purchasing it.  The pallet includes five very neutral, highly pigmented shadows.  Three of the shades are matte, and two are shimmers.  The best part is that it has a great highlight color, a great liner color and three in-between shades that would work on most skin tones. I love it, and for $12, it was a steal!



The last black Friday special I grabbed was a set of mini nail polishes from OPI.  The "Stuff My Stocking" set features a shimmery red (Last Minute Shopper), green (Skip the Gift Wrap) and purple (Gift Cards for Everyone!), along with a mini RapiDry Top Coat. I picked it up for $7.50.  I doubt I will wear the green, but the purple and the red are nice.  Plus, I can always use more top coat!

Festive! The polishes are shimmery but not glittery.
Finally, I picked up a couple items I had been eyeing for a while.  Ulta had L'oreal on sale buy one, get one half off.  I picked up a MagicLumi Corrector/Concealer in light (with high hopes that it will be a dupe for YSL Touche Eclat) and an Infallible eye shadow in Amber Rush.  I haven't done much with the concealer, but the eye shadow is gorgeous.  I love the color, but if I had it to do over, I might opt for something else, since it is in the same color family as the Lorac shadows.


L'oreal Infallible in Amber Rush
That was it for my shopping trip.  Have you tried any of the above products?  Did you ladies score any awesome deals on black Friday?

Talk Soon,

T.


No comments:

Post a Comment