Sunday, March 10, 2013

Summer Lips Part 2: Maybelline Vivids

Hey Girls,

I am loving  bold lips at the moment and know they will be a huge trend this summer. Maybelline recently released 10 permanent shades in the Maybelline Vivids collection.  I purchased three of these fun hues.  There are also four limited edition shades out with the Maybelline Fashion Week collection, so be sure to grab those up if you want them!


L to R: Fuchsia Flash, Shocking Coral, Hot Plum 
With Flash
The first shade I bought was Fuchsia Flash.  This was the color I knew I wanted as soon as I saw the collection.  It is a very pretty, bright pink.  It is bold but definitely wearable.

Maybelline Vivid Fuchsia Flash
Maybelline Vivid Fuchsia Flash (with flash)
Next up, Shocking Coral is a great pink-toned coral.  Coral instantly makes me think about summer, and I expect I will wear this shade a lot in 2013.

Maybelline Vivid Shocking Coral
Finally, I purchased Hot Plum.  This turned out to be my favorite of the three, as it can be worn blended in for more subtle color or built up for a statement look.

Maybelline Vivid Hot Plum
Maybelline Vivid Hot Plum (with flash)
The formula on these lipstick is creamy and easy to apply.  As with most bold lipsticks, I do recommend a lipliner.  The Vivids do not have a strong smell and last about two hours after application without touchups.

While I really like these, I actually think I enjoy the Milani Statement lipsticks a bit more.  Have you girls tried the Vivids?  What are your thoughts?  Any other shades I should add to my collection?

Talk Soon,

T.

11 comments:

  1. shocking coral is a gorgeous colour!

    xxx

    http://beautybyalexiajade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try these out! They look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a try when you get a chance :)

      Delete
  3. These colors are gorgeous. I own the Shocking Coral color and I love it! I need to go pick up some more of these soon :)

    simplyme93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get my hands on this collection, colours look great x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Found your blog through the blog hop and I'm now following you via GFC :) These colors look AWESOME. I definitely shy away from brighter colors on my lips, but it looks like I'm going to have to try out one of these. They look like they have a super creamy consistency, so hopefully no vibrant color flaking on my lips. They look beautiful on you!



    xoxo,
    Amanda
    www.hushbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment and the follow!

      Delete
  6. You do some great reviews and lovely pics xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!! :)
    I really like your blog and your style, I´m following you!
    maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too,
    and if you like it, follow me back! :D
    http://modacapital-blog.com
    kiss

    ReplyDelete