Monday, April 1, 2013

Recent Cream Eyeshadow Purchases: Maybelline and Avon

Hello Girls,

I love a good cream eyeshadow!  They are so versatile and can be used as a base or on their own for all-over-lid color.  I recently picked up a few shades that I wanted to share with you.  All the beautiful pastels make me so excited for spring!

Clockwise from Top Left: Maybelline Inked in Pink, Avon Sparkling Plum,  Maybelline Barely Branded, Avon Exquisite Blue
                                   
Maybelline Color Tattoos

Inked in Pink is a gorgeous pearly pink shade.  It is my favorite of the whole bunch.  I am usually leery of pink on the eyes, but this shade is surprisingly wearable. As with all the Color Tattoos, it is very creamy and easy to apply.  Overall, I found the staying power on the Color Tattoos to be better than the Avon Cream Shadows.

Barely Branded is a perfect highlight color and also works wonderfully as a base.  It is champagne colored and shimmery but not glittery.

In the swatches below, the left swatch is one swipe and the right swatch is built up to show the color of the product.

L to R: Barely Branded, Inked in Pink
Avon Cream Eyeshadows

Exquisite Blue is an icy blue shade.  It is shimmery and very pretty!  I do not like the Avon formula as much as the Maybelline formula, but I do like both of the colors in this post.  I also found that both Exquisite Blue and Sparkling Plum were very buildable.

Sparkling Plum comes off a bit more gray than I had anticipated.  It is a cool-toned purple with mauve undertones.  I like to use this shade as a base.

L to R: Exquisite Blue, Sparkling Plum
The packaging of the Avon shadows is a bit odd because you have to reach in pretty far to get to the product.  The Color Tattoos offer a wider container and easier access to product.  Overall, I prefer the Color Tattoos, but Avon's Cream Eyeshadows are affordable and offer a great shade selection.

Which of the above shadows do you like the best?  What is your favorite cream eye shadow?

Talk Soon,

T.

5 comments:

  1. Those colors all look so great! I love both Maybelline ones :)

    www.corporategirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Barely Branded color! Perfect for everyday wear(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors :)
    I'm your newest follower!

    Marisa x
    http://stylingdreams.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look soooo pretty,
    thank you for the comment on my blog :)


    Samantha xo | SamanthaLusts

    ReplyDelete